Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Restaurant.com Review


I receive email updates from couponmom.com; this is a great website for coupons and where to find great deals. She also often has a promotional code for 80% off at Restaurant.com so this last time I decided to give it a try.

Essentially I received a $25.00 gift certificate to a local restaurant for $2.00. The gift certificate is printed off the computer not mailed to you. It looks very unimpressive.


This one of the two reasons why I would never choose to give these as gifts. The other reason is that there is always a "special instruction" with it. This one said I could only use with a $35.00 minimum purchase. Some of the "special instructions" were a $50.00 minimum purchase so read VERY CAREFULLY before purchasing.
I actually didn't buy several because of the conditions listed.
I chose a local restaurant on the beach called appropriately enough, The Beachcomber.

Not thinking that my husband Liam and I could eat $35.00 ourselves, we recruited our friend Justin to join us for a meal Sunday evening.

We ordered: 3 Dr Peppers@ $2.12
2 Schomburger Platters @ $9.25
1 Chicken Sandwich Platter @ $7.25
1 Hushpuppies @ $1.00 (for the baby, and they were awful!)
1 BBQ Sauce @ $.50 (did not KNOW it was extra)
1 Gator Tail Appetizer @ $6.75
Total $40.36
-$25.00 Gift Certificate
Equals $15.36
+ $9.00 Tip
Adj Total $24.36

Was this a great deal? I really don't know. But if we were to have gone out and had the same meal for fun, it would have been $25.00 more, so I guess it's sort of a good deal...
Will I try it again? Yes, especially when things start to improve in our budget; because no matter how much money you have, the more you save, the more you can give!

--Dessy

No comments:

Post a Comment