Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reflections and New Beginnings

Well, today is officially the last day of 2009. Time to reflect on the past year and the changes that took place as well as the ones that you think should have.
This past year for our family has been interesting with the usual ups and downs of life. In May we purchased our first home in St Augustine, FL. In late June my husband's pay was cut in order for the company he works for to survive (everyone's pay was cut not just his). So, we had a brand-new mortgage, a seven month old baby and less money than we had before either of them came along. But God is ALWAYS faithful and with a little creativity and some unexpected blessings we have made it through the year!

This coming year I KNOW that God will show Himself even more awesome to us as we "Seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness". I am looking for a part-time job to help out a little and we are believing for a dramatic change in Liam's work situation.

Call me crazy but I am confident that at the end of next year I will be posting about some MAJOR blessings that we have experienced in 2010!

To start off the New Year our Pastor has challenged us to a church-wide fast for 21 days. Liam and I had already talked about doing the Daniel Fast which is also 21 days and so, because of budgeting, we will do it with a twist; simply cutting out meat and sweets. I am racking my brain with what to send him for lunch as he eats ham and turkey sandwiches EVERY day!

Have a Happy New Year and join me in changing your thinking about finances in 2010!
-Dessy

No comments:

Post a Comment